Cloud Computing (Spring 2020)
|office||ERB 653 (Engineering Research Bldg)|
|Office Hours||Tuesday and Thursday 5:30-7:00pm|
|GTA||Aashara Shrestha, firstname.lastname@example.org, ERB 323, office hours: Monday 2:00-3:30pm and Wednesday 2:00-3:30pm|
|GTA||Zaman Md Hasanuzzaman Noor, email@example.com, ERB 406, office hours: Tuesday 1:00-2:30pm and Friday 1:00-2:30pm|
- Project 1 is now due on Tuesday February 25 before midnight.
- Project 2 is now due on Tuesday March 3 before midnight.
Every student registered in cse6331 needs to create a free XSEDE User Portal account.
Instructions: you need to use your netID (eg, xyz1234) as your XSEDE username.
To set up your XSEDE account, follow these steps:
It will take a day or so for your account to be activated.
You should register and email the GTA by Tuesday February 4.
After you register, you need to wait for the GTA to create a Comet account
for all students in class. The GTA will send email when the accounts are ready.
- Go to https://portal.xsede.org/.
- Choose "Create Account" button to request a new account. Initially,
on the first page, you choose a registration key, which can be any
sequence of 6 letters
- Submit and wait for an email to verify your account.
- After you receive a confirmation email, follow the link in your
email and specify your XSEDE user name (which must be your netID) and
a password. If your NetID user name is already in use, pick a
- Update Feb 4, 2020: send email to the GTA at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know your XSEDE user name. (Sorry, but we used to get the student NetIDs on Blackboard but we cannot get them on Canvas).
XSEDE has kindly donated time on SDSC Comet for all the students in this class.
Last modified: by Leonidas Fegaras